Science is the coordinated human effort to understand, or to better understand, the history of the natural world and how the natural world works, with observable physical evidence as the basis of that understanding. It is done through observation of natural phenomena, and/or through experimentation that tries to simulate natural processes under controlled conditions.
The goal is to master the process of making and recording observations – whether it’d be of nature or of simulations of nature, in order to learn more about how nature, in the broadest sense, works. Although science is an interdisciplinary in nature, much of the content focus is on physical science.
Strands for Grade 7 include:
- Scientific investigations & reasoning
- Matter & Energy
- Force, Motion, & Energy
- Earth & Space
- Organisms & Environments
General Course Information:
- Students are expected to turn in all work on time. Late work will be penalized at the teacher’s discretion.
- Students are to be honest about their work. No cheating or copying will be tolerated and will result in a failing grade on the assignment.
- All material will be brought to class every day. There will be at least four tests per grading period. (9 weeks)
- LFCISD grading policy will be followed at all times.
- Students will be given opportunities for re-testing with the maximum grade of a 70.
- Make-up assignments will be provided if or when the student has an excused absence. Student is responsible for requesting assignments upon their return.
- Students are to behave in a respectable manner at all times.
- NO food or drinks are allowed in the science lab.
- Students are to come prepared with all class materials.
- Students are to follow LFCISD dress code policy.
- Violations will be dealt with in accordance with LFCISD and Resaca MS policy.
- LFCISD has launched the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative to allow students to bring their electronic devices to class for academic use under teacher supervision. This is a great initiative and it will be implemented in my classroom, but there will be days where use of device is not allowed as the objective of the day will not require it. Keep this in mind and remind your child that it is for academic use only and the use in the classroom is at teacher’s discretion.
- 1 plastic pocket folders with prongs
- 1 composition book
- 1 70 page spiral notebook
- 1 sharpener with container
If there are any questions or concerns that arise during the year, feel free to contact me for a conference. Thank you
Conference Period: 4th period
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Resaca MS Phone # 254-5159